Iran admits facing 'many problems' amid Trump's 'economic' warfare, says MoU with US best way out of conflict
US President Donald Trump announced the “most crushing economic operation” earlier this week which would target countries helping Iran in any way.
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian acknowledged on Sunday that his country is facing numerous challenges due to the U.S. economic warfare. The president highlighted issues such as inflation, livelihood problems, unemployment, and the need to secure the future of the Iranian people. Pezeshkian stated that a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the United States is the only way out of the ongoing conflict.
However, he emphasized that the MoU does not involve any form of capitulation and that the decisions will be guided by the Supreme Leader of Iran. This statement comes after Iran warned U.S. President Donald Trump of "seismic action" if economic sanctions are imposed against countries supporting Iran. Pakistani Army Chief Field Marshal Asim Munir is scheduled to visit Tehran in an effort to strengthen bilateral cooperation between Iran and Pakistan.
The visit aims to discuss the MoU, Trump's warning about economic challenges, issues related to the Houthis, and the recent agreement between Pakistan, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.
Written by urgent.news from Hindustan Times - World News's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.
Also reported by 4 other outlets
- Iran president admits country facing 'many problems' gulfnews.com
- Iran’s president admits country facing ‘many problems’ freemalaysiatoday.com
- Iran’s Pezeshkian admits citizens face ‘many problems’ as US launches new sanctions malaymail.com
- Middle East live: Iran's president says country facing 'many problems' as US sanctions loom france24.com