Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

Culture

Tyson Fury-Anthony Joshua fight signed, says Hearn

Eddie Hearn confirms the highly anticipated Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua fight is signed. com/tyson-fury-anthony-joshua-fight-signed-says-hearn/

Tyson Fury-Anthony Joshua fight signed, says Hearn

Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn has confirmed that a highly anticipated fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua will go ahead, according to a recent report. Despite Fury's earlier skepticism about the fight occurring, Hearn stated that the contract for the bout has been signed. Hearn explained to DAZN that neither fighter can back out of the agreement, emphasizing the contractual nature of the deal.

The primary outstanding issue is the location of the fight, which Fury had previously suggested might take place in the United Kingdom or the United States. The bout was initially expected to take place in Britain during November, but Saudi-based organizers Sela are keen on hosting it in the United States. Fury and Joshua each have contracts with Sela, with Madison Square Garden in New York reportedly among the preferred venues.

While the fight is expected to be broadcast on Netflix, Hearn noted that the majority of those involved in the fight would prefer it to remain in Britain but could consider moving it to the United States under suitable terms. Hearn stressed that there are no signs the fight is at risk of falling through, stating that both parties are willing to discuss terms for an American venue.

Both Fury and Joshua have been touted as one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, with the final venue and date yet to be determined.

Written by urgent.news from Punch Nigeria's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Also reported by 1 other outlet

Read the original at punchng.com →

More in Culture

More from Sunday 23 August →