Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

World

Southern Thailand attacks: No guerrilla incursions into Kelantan, says GOF

PASIR MAS: There has been no reported attempt by militants or guerrillas from southern Thailand to cross into Kelantan so far, following last night’s coordinated bombings and violent attacks across three southern Thai provinces.

Southern Thailand attacks: No guerrilla incursions into Kelantan, says GOF

Southeast Brigade Commander of the General Operations Force (GOF) SAC Ahmad Radzi Hussain has stated that there have been no reported attempts by militants or guerrillas from southern Thailand to cross into Kelantan since last night's coordinated bombings and violent attacks across three southern Thai provinces. The border security along the Malaysia-Thailand frontier is being tightened as a precaution, with front-line personnel on high alert for any potential infiltration attempts.

Radzi emphasized that bilateral relations with Thai authorities are strong, and the Regional Border Committee (RBC) is an effective platform for intelligence-sharing and coordination. The RBC is scheduled to meet from Sept 1 to 3 in Hat Yai, Thailand, to further strengthen security collaboration between Malaysia and Thailand.

Brief written by urgent.news from New Straits Times's own syndicated text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Also reported by 2 other outlets

Read the original at nst.com.my →

More in World

More from Sunday 23 August →