Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

Tech

Developer withdraws Kota Damansara data centre application after public raises concerns, says Ramanan

PETALING JAYA, Aug 20 — The proposed data centre project in Kota Damansara is off the table for now, after the dev...

Developer withdraws Kota Damansara data centre application after public raises concerns, says Ramanan

PETALING JAYA, Aug 20 — The proposed data centre project in Kota Damansara has been withdrawn by the developer, following widespread public concerns raised with the Petaling Jaya City Council. Datuk Seri R. Ramanan, the Sungai Buloh Member of Parliament and Human Resources Minister, revealed this update from the local council. Ramanan, known for his unwavering stance on the matter, stated that this outcome demonstrates the power of citizens' voices when expressed through appropriate channels.

He reiterated his position that while development and investment are crucial, they should never compromise the welfare of residents. Ramanan had previously rejected the project on July 17, citing inadequate engagement with Kota Damansara locals and emphasizing the need for transparency, responsibility, and community input in large-scale developments.

He also urged future development applications in Sungai Buloh to include resident engagement sessions, ensuring that interests are protected and residents' concerns are heard and addressed.

Written by urgent.news from Malay Mail's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

This story

This is one outlet's version. Read the fullest account.

Read the original at malaymail.com →

More in Tech

More from Thursday 20 August →