Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

World

'Joint drill with Shenzhen needed at Huanggang port'

Secretary for Security Chris Tang on Monday said the government is planning to hold at least one joint drill with authorities in Shenzhen to test out the readiness of the new Huanggang port facility. Tang said the previous two drills, held last Thursday and Saturday to test traffic and passenger flows inside and around the facility, went very smoothly. He said at least one further drill needs to…

Secretary for Security Chris Tang announced on Monday that the government plans to conduct at least one joint drill with Shenzhen authorities to evaluate the readiness of the new Huanggang port facility. The previous two drills, held on Thursday and Saturday, went smoothly and tested traffic and passenger flows. Tang stated that at least one additional drill is necessary to assess the automated clearance gates at the checkpoint.

However, a major drill is scheduled for August 22, and progress on the gate machines must be determined before testing. The government will consider all feedback received from the initial drills. So far, the tests have been satisfactory, but there are areas for improvement, such as enhancing direction signs, traffic flows, and passenger queuing arrangements at the public transport interchange.

Additionally, there are insufficient benches inside the facility. Two more large-scale drills are planned for August 22 and 29, involving 10,000 and 20,000 people respectively, to stress-test all facilities at the new port area.

Written by urgent.news from RTHK News's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Also reported by 1 other outlet

Read the original at news.rthk.hk →

More in World

More from Monday 17 August →