Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

World

Konda Surekha’s explanation under disciplinary panel scrutiny, says Mallu Ravi

Congress party's disciplinary committee chairman, Mallu Ravi, disclosed on Saturday that the committee has reviewed the explanation provided by Minister Konda Surekha and her daughter Konda Sushmitha's video remarks, but has not yet reached a decision. During a meeting of the committee, Ravi stated that the panel thoroughly discussed various issues and investigated complaints received from party leaders, with some MLAs also planning to submit complaints to the committee.

Regarding the remarks attributed to Sushmitha, Ravi called them inappropriate, as they amounted to making objectionable comments about the Chief Minister by treating him as an ordinary person. The committee had indeed reviewed the relevant videos. As for the complaint against senior leader G Chinna Reddy, Ravi mentioned that the committee examined his remarks' videos and his explanation, and they will call MLA Megha Reddy, who lodged the complaint, again to obtain her version before making a decision.

Regarding MLA Komatireddy Rajagopal Reddy, Ravi said the party would follow due procedure and that no formal complaint had been received against him yet. The committee is examining whether the matter should be taken up suo motu. Ravi also emphasized that no decision has been taken on Surekha's explanation, adding that as a Minister, she should have condemned her daughter's remarks.

The disciplinary committee chairman mentioned that it was not possible to determine when action would be taken, stating that all complaints and explanations would be examined before reaching a decision.

Written by urgent.news from The Hindu's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at thehindu.com →

More in World

US reaches $400 million settlement with TikTok over child privacy case

By Nana Karikari, Senior Global Affairs Correspondent TikTok and its parent company, ByteDance, have reached a significant legal agreement with the United States government.

  • US and TikTok settle $400 million over child privacy violations
  • DOJ alleges TikTok collected data from users under 13 without consent
  • $300 million payment immediate, $100 million upon lifting FTC decree

More from Saturday 22 August →