Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

Editions

Culture

'No panic' says Argyle's Cleverley after opening loss

Plymouth Argyle boss Tom Cleverley is staying calm despite starting the League One campaign with a home defeat to Stockport.

'No panic' says Argyle's Cleverley after opening loss

Plymouth Argyle manager Tom Cleverley has urged his team to remain calm following their opening loss to Stockport County. The 3-1 defeat, their second in 12 league matches since last season, did not cause the manager to panic. Cleverley stated that the message is no panic, since the end of February, their second defeat was only two in all kinds of football, including pre-season.

He emphasized that Argyle will try to get better and not lose sight of what made them successful, which he says led to a strong finish to the season last year. Argyle currently has three attacking players out injured, but Cleverley has not ruled out bringing in more players before the end of the window.

Written by urgent.news from Yahoo Sports's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at sports.yahoo.com →

More in Culture

More from Friday 21 August →