Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

Editions

Culture

Michael Jackson Movie Sequel Will Address Child Abuse Allegations From “His Point Of View,” Says Jaafar Jackson

For a long time, the producers of Michael , the Michael Jackson biopic that came out earlier this year, reportedly planned to include a story arc about one of the many children who accused Jackson of sexual abuse. After filming an entire third arc about Jackson's decision to settle out of court with the family of Jordan Chandler, the 13-year-old boy who first sued Jackson for abuse in 1993, the…

Michael Jackson Movie Sequel Will Address Child Abuse Allegations From “His Point Of View,” Says Jaafar Jackson

Jaafar Jackson, the son of the late Michael Jackson, has revealed that the upcoming sequel to the biopic about his father will address the child abuse allegations that have plagued Jackson throughout his career. According to Stereogum, the original plan was to include a story arc that would explore the allegations from Jackson's perspective, but this was ultimately scrapped due to legal constraints.

The producers had already filmed the entire third arc, which depicted Jackson as the victim of the lawsuit filed by Jordan Chandler in 1993, but lawyers discovered that the settlement forbade Jackson and his estate from including the Chandler family in a movie.

Brief written by urgent.news from Stereogum's own syndicated text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

This story

This is one outlet's version. Read the fullest account.

Read the original at stereogum.com →

More in Culture

More from Friday 21 August →