Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

Business

YouTube offers creators millions to keep content off Netflix

YouTube is offering select creators millions of dollars to keep their videos exclusively on the platform, as it moves to counter Netflix’s growing push to acquire content from some of its biggest online stars. Bloomberg on Thursday reported that YouTube has begun offering creators “financial incentives to refrain from working with Netflix,” as the streaming Read More:…

YouTube offers creators millions to keep content off Netflix

YouTube is reportedly offering select creators millions of dollars to exclusively host their content on the platform, in an effort to counter Netflix's aggressive pursuit of creator-driven content. Bloomberg reported that YouTube has begun offering financial incentives to creators to refrain from working with Netflix as the streaming giant expands its efforts to bring creator-driven content to its platform.

According to Business Insider, YouTube has initiated exclusivity talks with a handful of creators, with varying terms for each. One source said YouTube had offered a verbal deal worth "millions" to a creator to post exclusively on YouTube for a specified period, although negotiations were not yet finalized. The competition between the two platforms for top creator talent is intensifying as both seek to attract creators to their own platforms.

Netflix has been actively acquiring content from high-profile creators, including Rachel and Salish Matter, who have videos on both Netflix and YouTube. However, Netflix has pursued deals that give it greater control over creator content. The reported YouTube exclusivity offers come as both platforms compete for the biggest creator names, with traditional streaming companies and digital platforms vying for exclusive access to audiences built outside conventional television and film.

Written by urgent.news from Punch Nigeria's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at punchng.com →

More in Business

Pakistan, South Korea move closer to CEPA

The first round of Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) negotiations between Pakistan and South Korea had been successfully concluded, and the second round was expected soon, said Federal Minister for Commerce Jam Kamal Khan.

Qatar's digital payment surges 40% to over QR100bn

<p>Doha, Qatar: Qatar’s financial technology sector recorded unprecedented growth in July 2026, driven by a sharp rise in digital account-to-account transfers, rapid adoption of instant payment systems, and steady expansion in point-of-sale transactions.</p> <p>According to official statistics released yesterday by the Qatar Central Bank…

More from Thursday 20 August →