Dar says Pakistanis injured in Houthi attack in Red Sea have returned safely
Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said on Thursday that six Pakistani sailors injured in an attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels in the Red Sea earlier this month have returned to Pakistan. The Aug 11 attack had targeted a Tanzania-flagged vessel, Tihamah, causing deaths and injuries among its crew. At the time, Dar had said that 3 nationals were killed and that reports had been…
Six Pakistani sailors who were injured in an attack by Houthi rebels in the Red Sea on August 11 have safely returned to Pakistan, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar announced on Thursday. The attack targeted a Tanzania-flagged vessel, Tihamah, resulting in the deaths of three crew members and injuries to another.
Dar expressed gratitude to the Consulate General of Pakistan in Jeddah and the embassy in Riyadh for their assistance in the repatriation process. He also praised the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) for their cooperation with the Saudi Foreign Ministry regarding medical aid and arrangements provided in Jeddah. Pakistan has consistently condemned the Houthi attack and emphasized the importance of ensuring the safety and security of seafarers.
The incident is part of a series of attacks on ships in the Red Sea and Gulf of Oman since Yemen announced a naval blockade of Saudi Arabia last month.
Written by urgent.news from Dawn's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.