Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

Editions

World

‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September

The Ministry of Energy has explained that the temporary control room being constructed to support power evacuation is expected to be completed by the end of September, despite an earlier timeline pointing to August.

‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September

The Ministry of Energy has announced that a temporary control room, constructed to assist with power evacuation, will be completed by the end of September, despite an earlier projected timeline of August. Richmond Rockson, the Ministry's spokesperson, informed JoyFM's Top Story on Thursday, August 20, that the revised schedule was due to engineers and the Energy Minister prioritising power restoration over the construction of a more permanent control facility.

The decision was made following an incident that disrupted the country's power supply. Rockson explained that engineers had advised on a temporary arrangement to resume electricity generation and supply quickly, which the Minister subsequently approved. The temporary facility, which will function as a control room or switchyard, is expected to be completed by September, eliminating inherent risks and volatility in the power system.

Rockson urged Ghanaians to bear with the system until the temporary facility is finished. He noted that the absence of the switchyard currently poses a risk to the power system's stability, potentially causing disturbances along the transmission line. Despite this, he stated that power stability has significantly improved since the April 30 incident, thanks to the temporary arrangement.

The Ministry also addressed a power disruption earlier on Thursday, mentioning that engineers worked swiftly to restore electricity across the country, with power being restored to all parts of the nation by 12:00 p.m. Rockson assured the public that power plants and transmission systems were operational, and electricity was being evacuated.

He assured that any customers still experiencing outages are likely affected by localised faults rather than a nationwide power supply problem.

Written by urgent.news from MyJoyOnline Ghana's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

This story

This is one outlet's version. Read the fullest account.

Read the original at myjoyonline.com →

More in World

More from Thursday 20 August →