Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

World

Agotime Konor appeals for completion of district hospital, improved water supply

The Konor and President of the Agotime Traditional Council, Nene Nuer Keteku IV, has appealed to the government to prioritise the completion of the Agenda 111 District Hospital at Kpetoe in the Agotime area of the Volta Region. He said the lack of a fully equipped district hospital continues to force residents to travel more […]

Agotime Konor appeals for completion of district hospital, improved water supply

Nene Nuer Keteku IV, the Agotime Traditional Council President and Konor, has urged the government to prioritize the completion of the Kpetoe District Hospital and improved water supply in the Volta Region. The current lack of a fully equipped hospital forces residents to travel 30 kilometers or more to Ho for basic healthcare. During the 31st Agotime Kente Festival, Nene Nuer Keteku IV emphasized that the Kpetoe District Hospital is an essential service and not a luxury.

He also highlighted the persistent water shortage, with residents often relying on untreated sources like the Tordzie River, which places a heavy burden on families, especially women and children. The traditional ruler called for infrastructure support for Agotime Senior High School, including the reconstruction of its dilapidated administrative block, which poses safety risks.

Nene Nuer Keteku IV announced plans to establish a Kente Village and Centre of Excellence to promote artisan training, cultural research, and economic development, while acknowledging support from the Bank of Ghana. He urged the government and development partners to address healthcare, education, water, and infrastructure priorities to secure a sustainable future for the Agotime community.

Written by urgent.news from Adom Online's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at adomonline.com →

More in World

Ukraine energy company says its facilities seriously damaged after 13 Russian strikes in a week

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia attacked facilities of Ukraine’s Naftogaz Group 13 times over the past week and has targeted its premises almost 300 times since the start of the year, the state energy…

  • Naftogaz Group's facilities damaged in 13 Russian attacks last week
  • Over 300 such strikes on Naftogaz premises since the year began
  • Attacks aim to weaken Ukraine by depriving civilians of utilities

More from Monday 17 August →