Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

World

‘No turning back’ on Sept 27 long march, says KP CM Afridi

PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi on Saturday declared that Sept 27 was a “firm and non-negotiable” date for the PTI’s long march on Islamabad, which would take place as scheduled. Addressing PTI workers in Hangu district as part of the ongoing street movement to demand the release of incarcerated party founder Imran Khan, the chief minister urged them to prepare for the…

‘No turning back’ on Sept 27 long march, says KP CM Afridi

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Chief Minister Sohail Afridi declared on Saturday that September 27 will be a "firm and non-negotiable" date for the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) long march to Islamabad. Addressing workers in Hangu district, Afridi urged them to prepare for the march and assured they would return victorious. He accused the federal government of ignoring Supreme Court orders on Imran Khan's medical treatment and alleged selective enforcement of laws.

Afridi highlighted the potential participation of four million people in Islamabad, surpassing the previously stated target of two million. The chief minister stressed that the struggle for real freedom aims for equal application of laws to all citizens, rejecting unequal treatment between the powerful and the weak. He called for the courts to uphold justice and restore public confidence in state institutions.

Afridi claimed Imran Khan, who served as Prime Minister from 2018 to 2022, brought peace to the nation and that the country's youth, comprising almost 90% of PTI rally participants, hold the key to the nation's future.

Written by urgent.news from Dawn - Pakistan's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Also reported by 1 other outlet

Read the original at dawn.com →

More in World

Today in Korean history

Aug. 24

  • Japanese ship Ukishima-Maru transports 3,725 Koreans to Japan in 1945.
  • Ship explodes near Busan, killing over 500 Koreans.
  • Japan denies premeditated act, South/North Korea demand responsibility.

More from Sunday 23 August →