No Malaysians affected by simultaneous attacks in three southern Thai provinces, says Kelantan police chief
KOTA BHARU, Aug 23 — Kelantan Police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat said there is no report of Malaysians being aff...
KOTA BHARU, Aug 23 — Kelantan Police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat reported no Malaysians impacted by a series of violent incidents in three southern Thai provinces. The chief urged Malaysians to avoid the affected areas unless absolutely necessary. This advice was not new and had been shared multiple times to those planning to travel to southern Thailand.
Additionally, a group of Ducati Malaysia riders were also advised against entering Hat Yai, where 51 incidents occurred last night. Malaysians traveling to Thailand should remain vigilant and consider the current security situation, in line with Foreign Ministry recommendations. Thailand's Internal Security Operations Command Region 4 would continue monitoring the situation and enhance security measures to protect the public.
Narathiwat was under curfew from 10.15 pm on Aug 22 to 5 am on Aug 23 due to numerous incidents, including bombings, office burnings, and tyre burnings. Residents were concerned by thunder-like sounds from the area, causing house shaking in nearby Malaysian villages. Police also received reports of Thailand increasing traffic enforcement against Malaysian vehicles not complying with regulations, advising Malaysians to follow traffic rules to avoid penalties.
Written by urgent.news from Malay Mail's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.
This story
This is one outlet's version. Read the fullest account.
- No Malaysians affected by simultaneous attacks in three southern Thai provinces, says Kelantan police chief malaymail.com
- Kelantan Police Chief says some parents still defend drug-addicted children thevibes.com
- Malaysians told to put off travel to 3 Thai provinces after bombings freemalaysiatoday.com