Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

Culture

Tyson Fury pissed, says fight with Anthony Joshua may not hold

Tyson Fury has cast doubts over the much expected fight between himself and Anthony Joshua saying “doesn’t look like it’s going to happen”. The champion in a social media outburst directed at his Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn insinuated the pair were “money thirsty”. The figtjers had been expected to meet in November in one […] The post Tyson Fury pissed, says fight with Anthony Joshua may not…

Tyson Fury has raised doubts about the anticipated clash between himself and Anthony Joshua, stating, "doesn't look like it's going to happen." The upcoming bout, one of the most significant in British boxing history, was initially set for November. However, disagreements over the venue have thrown the deal into further uncertainty, with Joshua's team opting for a UK stage while Saudi promoters push for a US setting.

Fury criticized promoters Eddie Hearn and Sela in a series of Instagram posts, accusing them of being "money-thirsty" and branding Joshua as "disgusting." The fight, which will be streamed on Netflix, is seen as an opportunity to attract American audiences. Hearn has sent Sela a list of proposed changes, including increased compensation for Joshua due to tax differences when fighting in America.

Zuffa Boxing, jointly owned by Sela and TKO Group Holdings, has further complicated the situation by allegedly convincing Saudi officials that the fight would be more appealing in the US. Fury expressed openness to White’s involvement in the negotiations, emphasizing support within British boxing for the fight to remain in the UK.

Written by urgent.news from Ripples Nigeria's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at ripplesnigeria.com →

More in Culture

More from Saturday 22 August →