Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

World

Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots

The man accused of orchestrating the murder of Tupac Shakur told police more than a decade later that he handed the gun used in the drive-by shooting to a passenger who then passed it to his nephew who opened fire on the rapper. Duane “Keffe D” Davis is on trial in Las Vegas, charged with [...] The post Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots appeared first on…

Duane "Keffe D" Davis, accused of orchestrating the 1996 murder of rapper Tupac Shakur, told police in 2008 that his nephew fired the fatal shots. Davis now faces trial in Las Vegas, charged with murder with a deadly weapon. Prosecutors allege that Davis ordered the shooting and supplied the weapon to further his criminal conduct.

In a 2008 police interview played for jurors, Davis recounted how his gun was passed to his nephew, Orlando Anderson, who opened fire on Shakur after a fight between them earlier that day. However, Anderson died before the interview, denying any involvement in Shakur's murder. The case hinges on Davis' testimonies from the 2008 interview and his 2019 memoir, Compton Street Legend.

Prosecutors claim Davis was motivated by anger after Anderson's involvement in the fight, stating that he was "mad" and that Anderson's actions provided a "green light" to kill Shakur. Davis' lawyer argues that Davis' previous statements should not be trusted, pointing out the unreliability of prosecution witnesses and issues with the police investigation.

Written by urgent.news from KahawaTungu's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at kahawatungu.com →

More in World

More from Saturday 22 August →