La Liga: New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener, says Barca’s coach
New signing Rodri will miss Barcelona’s La Liga opener against Elche, coach Hansi Flick confirms. Find out when Rodri is expected to debut for Barca. Read More: https://punchng.com/la-liga-new-arrival-rodri-to-miss-elche-opener-says-barcas-coach/
Barcelona coach Hansi Flick has announced that new signing Rodri will miss the Spanish champions' opening La Liga match against Elche on Sunday. The 22-year-old Spanish midfielder could, however, participate in their subsequent game against Athletic Bilbao on Thursday. Flick stated that Rodri is highly focused and the team plans to have him arrive with the squad on Monday.
The Barcelona player, who was previously with Manchester City, is considered a valuable addition to the team due to his leadership qualities and exceptional abilities.
Despite the departure of Robert Lewandowski and Ferran Torres, Barcelona is still seeking a striker in the transfer market. Flick did not disclose who would take the spot of a striker at Elche, but praised the pre-season performance of the 18-year-old Egyptian player Hamza Abdelkarim, who scored four goals in friendlies. The coach also highlighted the potential of new wingers Anthony Gordon and Karim Adeyemi, who can also play through the middle as false nines alongside Raphinha and Dani Olmo.
Joao Cancelo, another recent signing, is available for the match against Elche and has shown great technique and passion, according to the coach.
Written by urgent.news from Punch's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.