‘Sab ulta ho gaya’: Shehzad Poonawalla says ‘Congi ecosystem’ is paying journalists to attack him after BJP exit
In a late-night video, Shehzad Poonawalla said Congress members reached out to him expecting him to turn against the BJP.
Shehzad Poonawalla, former National Spokesperson for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), has resigned from his positions and membership within the party, sharing the decision on August 17, 2026. The announcement came via a letter penned by Poonawalla to Nitin Nabin, which was subsequently posted on his X account.
According to Poonawalla, the primary reasons for his departure were 'pressing financial and personal circumstances'. He had initially submitted a resignation letter on July 30, 2026; however, this request was declined by the BJP leadership. Following the initial rejection, Poonawalla requested reconsideration, stating he had contemplated his decision deeply before making it final.
In his X post, Poonawalla declared his intention to transition into the private sector amidst these circumstances. Despite this, he affirmed his continued commitment to supporting the vision and work of Prime Minister Modi and the BJP. Earlier on July 31, 2026, Poonawalla updated his X bio, conspicuously omitting any affiliation with the BJP, sparking speculation about his potential exit from the party.
As of the latest update, Poonawalla has pledged to maintain his support for the BJP's objectives despite his separation from the organization.
Written by urgent.news from The Hindu's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.
This story
This is one outlet's version. Read the fullest account.