Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

Editions

World

Accuser looked shocked at lunch when Jones put hand under table, court told

Accuser looked shocked at lunch when Jones put hand under table, court told

A guest at a lunch where Alan Jones is accused of indecently assaulting a young man has told a Sydney court that the alleged victim looked distraught. The guest, who was also at the lunch, said he could not see what was happening under the table but observed Jones holding a wine glass with his right hand while his left hand was under the table.

According to The Guardian Australia, the alleged victim, known as complainant C, had earlier told the court that Jones had instructed him to sit next to him at the long table and spent the entire lunch with his left hand under the table, either on his leg or on his penis over his pants. The guest said he saw two other guests closer to Jones and C appear "startled" and "amused".

The witness told the Downing Centre local court that when he looked at C, he looked "distraught", and that he had been drawn to him because of the reactions of the other two guests. Jones has pleaded not guilty to 20 charges of indecent assault and two counts of sexual touching against six complainants.

Brief written by urgent.news from The Age, The Guardian Australia, ABC News AU — 3 reports on this story. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

This story

This is one outlet's version. Read the fullest account.

Read the original at theage.com.au →

More in World

More from Friday 21 August →