Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

Editions

World

Harry and Meghan’s security arrangements a ‘private matter’, UK PM says

Prince Harry is waiting on an official review before learning whether he and his family will gain government support to protect their personal safety on their return to the UK.

Harry and Meghan’s security arrangements a ‘private matter’, UK PM says

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are planning to move back to Britain this month with their two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet. According to Punch, they are expected to live at a private, non-royal residence outside London.

The couple's security arrangements are set to be reassessed as they prepare to live in the UK. The Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec), an independent body overseen by the Home Office, makes decisions on the security of members of the Royal Family.

The UK Prime Minister has stated that the security arrangements for Prince Harry and his family are a "private matter". Prince Harry previously lost a legal challenge against a decision to downgrade his security arrangements when he visits the UK.

Brief written by urgent.news from The Age, The Sydney Morning Herald, Punch, The Hill, Punch Nigeria — 5 reports on this story. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

This story

This is one outlet's version. Read the fullest account.

Read the original at theage.com.au →

More in World

More from Thursday 20 August →