Urgent.News

What's breaking now, across thousands of outlets.

Editions

World

Adeduntan’s Suit Confirmed Adegoke As Oyo ADC Guber Candidate, Says Group

Kemi Olaitan in Ibadan A group, Oyo Youth Alliance (OYA), on Thursday, said the suit filed by one of the governorship aspirants on the platform of the African Democratic Congress

The Oyo Youth Alliance (OYA) revealed on Thursday that Dr. Azeez Adeduntan's lawsuit against the African Democratic Congress (ADC) has confirmed that the party nominated Adegboyega Taofeek Adegoke as their governorship candidate in Oyo State on August 5th. In a statement released by OYA’s Chairman, Alhaji Ganiyu Busari, and Comrade Segun Adedeji, the confirmation was outlined in a lawsuit filed at the Federal High Court in Abuja on August 19th, challenging Adegoke’s nomination and submission as the ADC’s candidate.

The lawsuit's respondents include INEC, the ADC, Chinedu Idigo, the party’s National Organising Secretary, Harrison Akpojero, Chairman of the ADC’s Oyo State Electoral Committee, and Adegoke himself. This development dismisses claims by Dr. Gbemileke Alagbe, another ADC aspirant, who has been presenting himself as the authentic ADC governorship candidate in Oyo State.

OYA insists that Adeduntan’s lawsuit, which lists Adegoke as the fifth respondent and challenges his candidacy submission to INEC by the ADC leadership, disproves Alagbe’s assertion. The statement emphasizes that Adegoke was officially announced as the ADC’s gubernatorial candidate by the party’s national leadership during the ADC Osun Governorship Campaign finale in Osogbo.

Those present at the rally or who watched the event on television would realize that Adegoke introduced himself as the Oyo State candidate of the ADC.

Written by urgent.news from This Day's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at thisdaylive.com →

More in World

Philadelphia police ID man in "Chucky-style" mask as Zymire Hughes

Police have identified the suspect wanted for terrorizing people near City Hall last week while wearing a "Chucky-style" mask.

  • Philadelphia police ID 22-year-old Zymire Hughes as suspect in Chucky-style mask incident.
  • Hughes allegedly terrorized six individuals near City Hall on August 12.
  • Police seek arrest warrant, U.S. Marshals assistance to apprehend Hughes.

More from Thursday 20 August →