Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

World

Tiada rundingan atau perbincangan berlangsung dengan Iran, kata Trump

Presiden Amerika Syarikat berkata Selat Hormuz kekal dibuka di bawah sekatan laut Washington.

Tiada rundingan atau perbincangan berlangsung dengan Iran, kata Trump

President of the United States, Donald Trump, stated on Tuesday that no discussions or negotiations are taking place or planned with Iran. He emphasized that the Strait of Hormuz remains under full control of the American-led naval blockade, according to Anadolu Agency. "There is no discussion or negotiation taking place or planned with Iran," Trump said via the Truth Social platform.

CNN reported on Tuesday that a U.S. official had ordered his administration's senior staff to halt talks with Iran. The report noted that Trump had directed his deputy, Vice President JD Vance, as well as the envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, to cease communication with Tehran following some "positive discussions" with the country.

Kushner had been in Israel on Monday to meet Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss regional issues, including the Gaza Strip. Following the meeting, he told Fox News that U.S.-Iran communication was now stronger than before. Tehran and Washington agreed to a ceasefire in April before signing a memorandum of understanding in June aimed at ending the military conflict between the two and reaching a lasting peace deal.

However, the deal collapsed last month when Iran and the U.S. resumed attacks for nearly two weeks before Trump halted airstrikes while the effort to revive the agreement was underway.

Written by urgent.news from Free Malaysia Today's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

This story

This is one outlet's version. Read the fullest account.

Read the original at freemalaysiatoday.com →

More in World

More from Wednesday 19 August →