Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

Culture

Prince Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK with their children, British newspaper says

LONDON (AP) — Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have decided to return to the United Kingdom, but they won’t resume their roles as working members of the royal family, Britain’s Daily Telegraph newspaper reported.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly planning to return to the United Kingdom with their two children, Archie and Lilibet, according to the Daily Telegraph. The couple, who stepped down from their roles as working members of the royal family in 2020, will no longer resume their previous duties. King Charles III was informed of the decision on Sunday, but was not made aware of it during their previous visit to the UK last month.

The children, aged 7 and 5, have already enrolled in British schools and are set to start their education in September. The move comes as a gesture to the ailing monarch, who is undergoing treatment for an undisclosed form of cancer, allowing him to have more regular contact with his grandchildren.

Brief written by urgent.news from CityNews's own syndicated text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Also reported by 1 other outlet

Read the original at toronto.citynews.ca →

More in Culture

WADA pledges vigilance on Russian athletes ahead of 2028 Olympics

The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) director general told AFP Wednesday that the organization will "be vigilant" in monitoring Russian athletes ahead of the next Olympic Games, promising reassurance to competitors from other countries."We're not naive," WADA director general Olivier Niggli told AFP at the agency's headquarters in…

Pittsburgh Steelers could learn the hard way: 3 QBs mean none

On Friday night against the New York Jets, second-year quarterback out of Ohio State Will Howard will get the nod

  • Three quarterbacks vying for starting position at Steelers
  • Aaron Rodgers announces final NFL season, coaching staff evaluates backups
  • Will Howard and Drew Allar favored, "three quarterbacks, none" adage applies

More from Wednesday 19 August →