Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

World

US-Palestinian says 'terrified' as he returns to property besieged by settlers

US-Palestinian says 'terrified' as he returns to property besieged by settlers

Louai Abu Ridi, an American-Palestinian, expressed fear for his safety as he returned to his home in the occupied West Bank, besieged by Israeli settlers. The house, among three in Qusra near Nablus, has been under siege for over a week, leaving residents trapped inside and supplies cut off. Abu Ridi's brother, Qusai, is also inside the house, relaying updates to the outside world.

After landing in Israel, Abu Ridi conveyed his terror to reporters, stating he couldn't sleep due to the ongoing siege. He requested US protection, fearing for his own safety and that of his brother and his son. After successfully reaching his house with journalists, Abu Ridi criticized the Israeli military for failing to remove the settlers and called for more decisive action to resolve the situation.

The US ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, had previously condemned the settlers' actions, but Abu Ridi urged the US officials to take tangible steps to address the issue.

Written by urgent.news from Gulf News's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at gulfnews.com →

More in World

More from Tuesday 18 August →