Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

World

Israel says Syria acceptance of Turkish troops posed 'threat'

Israel says Syria acceptance of Turkish troops posed 'threat' Israel's prime minister's office said in a statement to X on Tuesday that Syria's acceptance of Turkish troops at its air base posed a "threat" to its security after Israeli air strikes on the Abu al-Duhur air base in northwestern Syria. "Israel and Syria agreed to a status quo in security matters, which Syria was on the verge of…

On Tuesday, Israel's Prime Minister's Office issued a statement regarding Syria's acceptance of Turkish troops at their air base, expressing concern over the potential threat to Israel's security. Following Israeli airstrikes on the Abu al-Duhur air base in northwestern Syria, the two nations had previously agreed to a status quo in security matters.

However, Syria appeared to be on the brink of breaching this agreement by permitting Turkish troops to deploy at the airbase near Aleppo. Israel reiterated that it would not tolerate any threats to its security and was willing to return to the previously established status quo.

Written by urgent.news from Middle East Eye's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Read the original at middleeasteye.net →

More in World

More from Tuesday 18 August →