Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

World

Sng says ‘excessive’ LHDN pressure among reasons he quit PKR

The Julau MP says he is absolutely certain the probe was politically motivated.

Sng says ‘excessive’ LHDN pressure among reasons he quit PKR

Julau MP Larry Sng recently announced his decision to leave the Parti Keadah (PKR) in 2021, attributing his departure to "excessive pressure" from the Inland Revenue Board (LHDN). During a Facebook post, Sng stated that he would have remained in PKR had it not been for the issues involving LHDN. When questioned about the matter, Sng suggested that the PKR leadership at the time was aware of the LHDN situation but did not provide him with assistance.

He expressed his belief that the investigation was politically motivated. As the Sarawak PKR chief during that time, Sng contended that the tax authority was "plucking figures from nowhere" when they initiated their probe against him. Sng further clarified that his decision to leave PKR was made after consulting with his constituents over several days, and he described it as a "collective decision."

The MP highlighted that the constituency he represented was one of the poorest in the country, which made it difficult for him to serve effectively due to financial constraints while being in the opposition. Consequently, Sng switched his support to the Perikatan Nasional government, which was led by then-Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.

He eventually became a prominent figure in Parti Bangsa Malaysia, a party that was previously known as the Sarawak Workers Party. Sng expressed gratitude for the experience he gained while being part of a national party and having the opportunity to meet national leaders from West Malaysia personally. He also emphasized the importance of understanding both the challenges faced by those in the government and those in the opposition.

Written by urgent.news from Free Malaysia Today's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Also reported by 1 other outlet

Read the original at freemalaysiatoday.com →

More in World

Bollywood stars told to stop appearing in surrogate ads

Surrogate advertisements have concerned Prime Minister Narendra Modi's federal government.

  • Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn, and Tiger Shroff banned from endorsing Vimal's cardamoms
  • Maharashtra state suspends licenses of restaurants and foreign outlets over hygiene concerns
  • Pan masala market valued at $5 billion last year, linked to oral cancer risks

More from Monday 17 August →