Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

Business

Industry minister says Korea, US seek to resolve outstanding issues over investment plan

Korea's industry minister has said that Seoul and Washington need to resolve outstanding issues over a $200 billion investment plan agreed upon as part of their bilateral tariff negotiations. Industry Minister Kim Jung-kwan made the remarks after arriving in Dallas, Texas, on Sunday (local time) as Korea faces continued tariff pressure from the United States amid several unresolved bilateral…

Industry minister says Korea, US seek to resolve outstanding issues over investment plan

Korea's industry minister, Kim Jung-kwan, stated on Sunday that Seoul and Washington must resolve outstanding issues related to a $200 billion investment plan outlined during their bilateral tariff negotiations. The minister arrived in Dallas, Texas, as Korea faces ongoing tariff pressure from the United States due to various unresolved bilateral trade disputes.

As part of a trade deal last year, Korea agreed to invest $350 billion in the U.S., with $150 billion designated for the shipbuilding sector. The remaining $200 billion in investment remains under discussion, with specific implementation details yet to be finalized. Kim had previously indicated that the investment projects might be announced by the end of August or early September, but as the final stages approach, emerging specific issues at the working level have prompted a delay in providing further details.

Written by urgent.news from The Korea Times's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Also reported by 1 other outlet

Read the original at koreatimes.co.kr →

More in Business

Abalos recognized in Cebu

Cabinet Secretary Benjamin “Benhur” Abalos Jr. received recognition from Cebu’s provincial and local leaders during his recent visit to the province.

More from Monday 17 August →