Erdogan says Mecca agreement open to Egypt
Erdogan says Mecca agreement open to Egypt Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the Mecca Agreement between Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan is also open to other countries such as Egypt. Erdogan made the comments during an interview with Al Jazeera Arabic's Al Muqabala aired on Sunday after he was asked about whether other countries in the region could join the recently signed agreement.…
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has stated that the recently signed Mecca Agreement, involving Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan, is open to other countries in the region, including Egypt. During an interview with Al Jazeera Arabic's Al Muqabala, Erdogan clarified that the doors are open to Egypt, potentially dispelling earlier reports that had suggested Egypt had been excluded from the trilateral deal. This development could potentially broaden the scope and influence of the agreement among regional players.
Brief written by urgent.news from Middle East Eye's own syndicated text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.