Urgent.News

One page, thousands of outlets. See who else covered it.

Editions

Culture

All-Pros Nacua, Garrett could miss week of practice with Rams to rest minor injuries, McVay says

Receiver Puka Nacua and defensive end Myles Garrett are likely to sit out the next week of practice with the Los Angeles Rams to rest minor injuries. The two All-Pros didn't practice Monday, and coach Sean McVay said they both could sit out Tuesday and again on Thursday when the Rams host a joint practice with the New Orleans Saints, their preseason opponent at SoFi Stadium on Saturday.

Receiver Puka Nacua and defensive end Myles Garrett may miss the upcoming week of practice with the Los Angeles Rams to recover from minor injuries, according to coach Sean McVay. Both All-Pros chose not to participate in Monday's practice, and McVay indicated they might sit out again on Tuesday and again on Thursday when the team holds a joint practice with the New Orleans Saints.

Nacua suffered psoas muscle soreness during a joint practice with the Dallas Cowboys last week, while Garrett has been managing intermittent knee swelling during his first season with the Rams. McVay explained that they are taking the situation one day at a time and are keen on ensuring the players' return to performance, rather than just a return to play.

NFL sacks leader Garrett conducted individual workouts before the Rams' Monday practice, while NFL receptions leader Nacua engaged in conditioning work and weight training despite the core muscle soreness. However, offensive lineman Keagen Trost, a third-round pick from Missouri, will be sidelined for a few weeks after injuring his hamstring during the Rams' preseason opener against Kansas City.

McVay expressed uncertainty about Trost's status, adding that he will not rush the 35-year-old rookie back. Additionally, McVay provided no update on the condition of retired defensive tackle Aaron Donald, who participated in a second formal workout at the Rams' training facility last weekend to consider a comeback at 35 years old.

Donald has attended two workouts at the Rams' facility as he weighs the decision of resuming his career.

Written by urgent.news from Yahoo Sports's reporting — not their text. Machine-written — may contain errors; check the original before relying on it.

Also reported by 1 other outlet

Read the original at sports.yahoo.com →

More in Culture

More from Monday 17 August →