{
  "id": 1467447,
  "title": "Keputusan dedah laporan kebakaran Putra Heights pada suku terakhir 2026",
  "url": "https://urgent.news/2026/08/17/keputusan-dedah-laporan-kebakaran-putra-heights-pada-suku-terakhir",
  "topic": "world",
  "section": "World",
  "published": "2026-08-17T10:55:02.000Z",
  "source": {
    "name": "Free Malaysia Today",
    "slug": "free-malaysia-today-freemalays",
    "url": "https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/bahasa/tempatan/2026/08/17/keputusan-dedah-laporan-kebakaran-putra-heights-pada-suku-terakhir-2026"
  },
  "original_language": "en",
  "account": "Menteri Besar Selangor Amirudin Shari stated that if a decision is not made by the end of this quarter, the state government will consider releasing the full report on the Putra Heights gas pipeline explosion to the public. Located in Petaling Jaya, the Selangor state government is waiting until the end of this quarter to decide whether to disclose the full report on the incident that occurred in April last year. The minister said the state government is still awaiting a response from the federal government after the inquiry report was submitted to Putrajaya. The Selangor government has also submitted a memorandum regarding the matter to the federal government. Until then, we will wait for the end of the quarter. If there is no decision, I will discuss with legal advisors to see if we can open up to the public while it remains within our jurisdiction, he said. According to him, the disclosure of the report needs to take into account the jurisdiction of the state government and the involvement of federal agencies in the incident. Earlier this month, a group representing residents of Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru again appealed to the Selangor government to disclose the full report on the gas pipeline explosion incident. Setiausaha Persatuan Kebajikan Penduduk Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru, Badly Nordin, said they will continue to pressure the Selangor Menteri Besar until the full report on the incident is released to the public. He mentioned that the delay raises questions about the time required to complete the relevant process. \"We are still waiting for the full report, including developments in ongoing legal actions. How much longer must we wait for an explanation? The public only wants that answer,\" he said. In June last year, Amirudin stated that the full report would be released to the public as soon as possible. According to him, the state government has no problem disclosing the report, but several matters involving federal agencies and legal proceedings need to be considered first. The gas pipeline fire in Putra Heights on April 1 last year destroyed 87 homes and damaged another 148. Over 1,200 residents from 300 families were affected by the incident. In October last year, 36 residents of Putra Heights filed a civil lawsuit in the Shah Alam High Court against five parties, including the Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MBSJ) and Petronas Gas, over the explosion.",
  "summary": "Menteri Besar Selangor, Amirudin Shari berkata, kerajaan negeri ketika ini masih menunggu maklum balas daripada kerajaan persekutuan.",
  "key_points": [
    "Incident in April last year destroyed 87 homes and affected 1,200 residents from 300 families.",
    "Selangor government awaits federal government response on inquiry report submitted to Putrajaya."
  ],
  "editors_take": null,
  "illustration": null,
  "coverage": {
    "outlets": 2,
    "also_reported_by": [
      {
        "outlet": "Free Malaysia Today",
        "title": "Keputusan dedah laporan kebakaran Putra Heights pada suku terakhir 2026",
        "url": "https://urgent.news/2026/08/17/keputusan-dedah-laporan-kebakaran-putra-heights-pada-suku-terakhir-1468911",
        "published": "2026-08-17T10:55:02.000Z"
      }
    ]
  },
  "ai_generated": true,
  "disclaimer": "Summaries, key points and the editor’s take are written by software from other outlets’ reporting and may contain errors — always check the linked original."
}